Please Check out Mia Belle Ree Photography. If you want a session please contact me.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A day in the life....

Last night was TV night. We hardly ever watch TV as a family, but AI started last night. Dave and I have been pretty faithful since the first season. As we were watching it, Dave tipped the recliner over and was pushing the kids down on the back if they answered his questions wrong. He would ask Buddy and instead of answering Buddy would just throw himself off. Miss Belle even got into it. I guess one time though, Cait got pushed off a little to awkward. When she came off she was screaming and blood was pouring out of her mouth. I started to panic I was sure she had bitten through her tongue and I was freaking out, and about 10 seconds from puking all over the poor screaming girl. Dave took over when he noticed I was turning green and took her in the bathroom. After about 5 minutes they came back in and the verdict was positive, it was a bloody nose that was not coming out of her nose, but going down the back of her throat. AAAh I have never seen so much blood in one mouth before. She had to swallow it at first, gag!!! Needless to say the throwing off the chair ended in a hurry.

Potty update: Last night while I was on the phone, I heard commotion in the bathroom, sure enough it was Cora. She was trying to put the little toilet seat on the boy rim of the toilet. She about fell in. But I thought she was just playing so I moved her and went back to talking. I heard a grunt and turned and there she stood pushing. So I ripped the diaper off and tried to get her to the toilet before she was done. I failed, but think that I got her attention. And then today while we were at the store, she looked at me and said "peepoo", sure enough she was wet. I need to rip the diaper off her and just move to panties. I could be done with dumb diapers by now.

Last thing. I am morning today. My husband's class starts today:( I had him all too myself for a month, A MONTH! I am used to him being available and now he will be non-existent. Oh the wife of a student.

3 comments:

Cami said...

The wife of a student AND a member of the! Bishopric! Yay for Cora! Yay for YOU! You guys are so funny! We never had much blood or guts while my kids were growing up; guess it wasn't our thing! Scott and I got a good laugh reading about yours though. Hey, by the way, where do you find your cutsie backgrounds? I'm getting sick of mine and Kayla is "much too busy to help!" Love talking to you!

Makayla Steiner said...

Hm. She's right... there wasn't a whole lot of blood and guts. Almost none. But that's very scary about the bloody nose in the throat thing... yikes.

Bugs said...

It's all fun and games until someone starts bleeding. BTW I hear you on the wife of a student thing!!